The four girls

The four girls
Emily,Elaina,Eryn and Eden

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Stuff

This weekend I made my husband... well, actually I guilt ed my husband into doing a service for one of my friends at work. She is a VERY nice lady whom we all adore. She and her husband have just completed building a great and spacious home and after a year of sweat, blood and tears, finally got a certificate of occupation this last week. She called in all of her favors and I promised I would be at her house Saturday morning to help her out. Friday I tell my girls that we were going to go and 'do a service' project the next day... BIG build up mind you. Think Disneyland commercial over voices...all pumped up in sugar coated enthusiasm. I even had Eden in the back hollering "YEA!! We get to go to B!'s HOUSE and HELP HER MOVE!! Mom's the BEST!" I catch dirty looks shot from my husband in my peripheral vision but I blithely push on.

Saturday morning dawns bright and beautiful... I give Dan the choice "You are more than welcome to join us, or you can stay here if you'd like. It's up to you. We are about ready to head out... oh? You're coming? We can wait for you to get your shoes on..." He, sweet man that he is, pulls on his shoes and comes with us. Little did we know what was coming our way...

My friend is a wonderful woman... and also one of the BIGGEST pack rats I have ever seen. We go over to their rental... and we are helping load up several vehicles with stuff. EXPENSIVE things that cost more money than I'd care to think about. We take it up to the new house.. which as I said earlier... is a great and spacious building. We unload a H2 Hummer, an enclosed trailer, a loaded pick up truck and 2 mini vans... and then she announces "Let's go to the mini storage and clean it out so we can be done with that today while we have all of this help.." So we follow along (we've picked up a full sized construction van in this caravan by the way) to the mini storage where we find a unit PACKED to the ceiling, and low and behold, there are TWO units... we didn't get them emptied.

We spent about seven hours helping pack, unpack and clean and what not... and I have to say, my little girls did us proud. They all worked so hard and were willing to do some pretty nasty things to help out a friend. And, we didn't come away unrewarded. B in her beautiful nature blessed us with an American girl doll desk, a plastic turtle, some silk covered wing chairs that will look great in my reading/sitting room and a beautiful leather desk chair.

Which brings me back to my subject line... stuff. I'm cleaning out my garage this next two weeks and am off loading all of the crap that we have packed with us for the last ten years and dumping it!

Anyone want an old ugly piano?

1 comment:

  1. Big rewards in heaven for you guys!! Your girls are troopers!

    ReplyDelete